Flushing toxins out of your body sounds like a great idea. Who doesn’t want to rid their body of pollutants and contaminants? One of the most popular methods is to fast for several days while drinking nothing but a lemon-water concoction. The belief is that the combination will “cleanse” the body’s organs and internal systems but this is not scientifically proven.
There’s no question that water is an important part of a healthy diet. But do you really need to drink lemon water and stop eating for several days for your body to detoxify?
The best way to clean out your system is by drinking plenty of water and getting enough fiber to keep your digestive system regular, that is one sure to go about this.
Supporters of the lemon detox diet believe that it can improve skin and digestion and promote energy and weight loss. This article will discuss the truth behind these claims and whether the lemon detox diet is safe. The idea of detoxing is to flush out harmful toxins. However, the human body naturally prevents this from happening and protects the body from toxins by removing them.
How to Make Lemon Water:
To make a single glass:
1. Juice of 1/2 to 1 whole small lemon per 8-ounce glass of water
2. Cut lemons in half
3. Pour yourself an 8-ounce glass of purified water
4. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon in your glass of water
5. To make a pitcher:
6. 1 lemon per 8-10 cups of water
7. Rinse outside of lemons well
8. Slice lemons fairly thin
Side Note: Steep for up to 1 hour; 2-3 hours best; overnight for a stronger fruit flavored water
BENEFITS OFDETOXING WITH LEMON
1. It helps promote hydration. We should be drinking eight 8 oz. glasses of water per day, adding lemon to your water helps it taste better and in theory will help you drink more water.
2. Water and Lemon support weight loss. Drinking more water will actually make you feel full. That combined with the health benefits of lemon, specifically the polyphenol antioxidants, helps reduces weight gain.
3. it’s a good source of Vitamin C. Citrus fruits in general are a great source of Vitamin C, adding lemon to your water gives you an extra boost. (add in orange or grapefruit for even more Vitamin C power)
4. Helps with Digestion. Some people drink lemon water to help prevent constipation. Drinking warm or hot lemon water when you wake up in the morning may help get your digestive system start moving.